A new arch-roof prototype...from a bookstore!

Moderator: Groceteria

TheStranger
Veteran

A new arch-roof prototype...from a bookstore!

Post by TheStranger »

An interesting Barnes and Noble in Bellevue, WA...

http://www.baylisarchitects.com/barnesn ... levue.html
Chris Sampang
Jeff
Veteran

Post by Jeff »

Maybe it was a former Marina safeway????
TheStranger
Veteran

Post by TheStranger »

Jeff wrote:Maybe it was a former Marina safeway????
The arch is a bit too tall, and there's only one wing...
Chris Sampang
marshd1000
Veteran

Post by marshd1000 »

The Bellevue, WA Barnes and Noble is a former bowling alley. I live in the Seattle area and I am quite familiar with Bellevue. Also, in other threads, there has been mention of a operating marina Safeway in Bellevue. That is just a couple of blocks from the Barnes and Noble in the picture.
TheStranger
Veteran

Post by TheStranger »

marshd1000 wrote: Also, in other threads, there has been mention of a operating marina Safeway in Bellevue. That is just a couple of blocks from the Barnes and Noble in the picture.
OT: Hey, since you're in the area, I have a question for you:

I know that the Eastgate/150th (near I-90) marina is being actively remodeled and receiving a new glass front, while the downtown Bellevue one is slated to be completely replaced across the street with an "urban" high density store.

Do you have any progress update on the Eastgate store, and any idea when the downtown Bellevue marina will be dismantled?
Chris Sampang
marshd1000
Veteran

Post by marshd1000 »

OT: Hey, since you're in the area, I have a question for you:
Do you have any progress update on the Eastgate store, and any idea when the downtown Bellevue marina will be dismantled?[/quote]

Unfortunately, I have not been in the Eastgate store in awhile. I actually live in Seattle but used to attend church on the Eastside of Lake Washington and have friends there. But I don't know the progress of the Eastgate store.

As for the Downtown Bellevue store. I think it might be replaced in '08 but prehaps I should do a search in the Puget Sound Business Journal to make sure.
timbabcock
Contributor

Post by timbabcock »

know that the Eastgate/150th (near I-90) marina is being actively remodeled and receiving a new glass front, while the downtown Bellevue one is slated to be completely replaced across the street with an "urban" high density store.

Do you have any progress update on the Eastgate store, and any idea when the downtown Bellevue marina will be dismantled?
I used to work over by the Eastgate store and they did remodel it using a different glass design. It was done about six or seven years ago unless they have done another one since then.

The other Marina store in Bellevue accross from Bellevue Square has been purchased by Kemper Freeman and will be demolished and converted to another phase of Lincoln Square. There will be a new Safeway store constructed within a new condominium developement a block or two south of the existing store.

There was an article in a Sunday edition of The Seattle Times a few months ago that talks about the new developement.
timbabcock
Contributor

Post by timbabcock »

An interesting Barnes and Noble in Bellevue, WA...
That bowling alley was originally part of the SRO chain of theaters and bowlings alleys back in John Danz days. The John Danz theater was next door to the bowling alley.