Blossom Hill and Almaden, San Jose CA

Uh...California.

Moderator: Groceteria

Groceteria
Great Pumpkin

Blossom Hill and Almaden, San Jose CA

Post by Groceteria »

If I had to guess, I'd say this was originally a late 1970s Albertsons-Thrifty combo, but I could easily be wrong...
Last edited by Groceteria on 02 Dec 2005 01:33, edited 1 time in total.
spicoli

Post by spicoli »

I grew up not too far from here and as I seem to remember it, I'm pretty sure this was a PW Market on the left and a Thrifty's on the right (at least as of the 80's). From what I remember of the building, I'd guess that it dates from the early/mid 60's if not earlier.
Groceteria
Great Pumpkin

Post by Groceteria »

spicoli wrote:I grew up not too far from here and as I seem to remember it, I'm pretty sure this was a PW Market on the left and a Thrifty's on the right (at least as of the 80's). From what I remember of the building, I'd guess that it dates from the early/mid 60's if not earlier.
That could fit my guess (and I meant to say Thrifty rather than Payless in the original post) because Albertsons pulled out of the Bay Area for the first time around 1980, and about three-fourths (at least) of all PW markets are located in stores that used to be something else...

Thanks...
justin karimzad
Veteran

Post by justin karimzad »

This PW market/Payless Drug combo opened in February 1968.
justin karimzad
Veteran

Post by justin karimzad »

...Forgot to mention that this was an original PW market and was never an Albertsons
Groceteria
Great Pumpkin

Post by Groceteria »

I stand corrected...

Thanks,
David