Nordstrom Stores In Alaska

Moderator: Groceteria

marshd

Nordstrom Stores In Alaska

Post by marshd »

As many of you know, Nordstrom was originally a shoe store. Then they bought Best Apparel and became a department store. Initially they were only in Washington State and Oregon. Then they bought Northern Commercial Company’s department stores in Anchorage, Fairbanks and Kenai. The now closed Anchorage store was very much like a traditional Nordstrom. I’ve been to the Anchorage store but Fairbanks and Kenai closed before I ever set foot in Alaska. I’m wondering if any of you had been to the Fairbanks and Kenai. Stores? Do you have any photos? What were they like? I did however find a photo online of the Kenai store! I find it remarkable that Nordstrom had a store in a town of less than 10,000 people! This was in the day before Nordstrom was known for being a high fashion retailer!
D8E1DB74-F224-4711-A6C8-252BE67838F6.png
jleyerle
Contributor

Re: Nordstrom Stores In Alaska

Post by jleyerle »

Don't know, but there is an apocryphal story about Nordstrom (in Alaska) taking back tires on a return with a smile....they never sold tires...except the store where the return took place FORMERLY sold the tires before Nordstrom. Service with a smile.