Metro Food Center on Warren in Detroit has burned down (former A&P)

Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.

Moderator: Groceteria

mburb1981
Contributor

Metro Food Center on Warren in Detroit has burned down (former A&P)

Post by mburb1981 »

The Metro Food Center Our Family store at 6461 Warren Avenue at the intersection with Gilbert Street has burned down.

https://www.wxyz.com/news/region/detroi ... SQrW5xX3PE

This had been an A&P back in the 1960's and 1970's. This is the second former A&P-owned brand building in Metro Detroit to have been a fire casualty in the past year and a half - in the summer of 2018, a former Farmer Jack-turned-Food Basics that had also become an Our Family store, Oakwood Food Center, on Oakwood in Melvindale, burned down, and has not yet been rebuilt.
cammers1995

Re: Metro Food Center on Warren in Detroit has burned down (former A&P)

Post by cammers1995 »

I had to look it up and do a double take because I've been here before back when I was dating my ex who lived in the same area of Detroit.
This place was so run down inside and crammed together I'm shocked that it didn't burn down sooner. Probably an electrical fire from the leaking roof. One of the last times I was there a couple years ago they had storage totes full of water all over the store collecting water from the roof.