Fresno Supermarkets (Demolished, Stuccoed, and Remodeled)

Uh...California.

Moderator: Groceteria

Where do you think the best preserved (former) Purity Store is located?

Paso Robles
No votes
Livermore
No votes
Oakdale
No votes
Mountain View
No votes
San Carlos
No votes

Total votes: 0

romleys
Veteran

Fresno Supermarkets (Demolished, Stuccoed, and Remodeled)

Post by romleys »

The Purity Stores located @ 3110 North West St. in Fresno, CA has been stuccoed over. In addition to the stucco the store is also no longer Video City (as seen in the picture on this website), instead it is now a Goodwill store. The Purity Store located @ 4125 East Shields Ave. in Fresno, CA has been demolished. It looks like it was demolished quite a long time ago because there was grass growing on the vacant lot where the store was once located. The former Lucky Store located @ 4784 East Belmont Ave. in Fresno, CA was closed for a remodel. It also looked like the store might not be called Sav-A-Lot. Instead according to the new sign the store will be called Sav-A-Lot-More (QUITE CREATIVE ISN'T IT:)
Charles H:)
Daniel
Veteran

Post by Daniel »

The Purity on Shields is still there, only it has been siginificantly remodeled on the exterior. It is the building that houses the DAV thrift store. It has been many things since Purity went out -- a House of Fabrics store and Arthur's Toys that I remember. (The Kragen across the street is an old Safeway)

Save-A-Lot closed up sometime in the middle of last year. I understand the stores operating under that banner in this market were different than the normal Save-A-Lot. The stores here had no meat or produce, and only a small selection of pre-packaged lunch meats and that sort of thing. The dairy section was limited to a small selection of milk, ice cream, and things like that. I distinctly remember them not selling any yogurt, as that was what I went in there to buy.