Former Colonial/Big Star

Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.

Moderator: Groceteria

terryinokc
Contributor

Former Colonial/Big Star

Post by terryinokc »

I'm going to be travelling South next month, and wondered if anyone had info on any former Colonial/Big Star locations that are still operating as supermarkets. I am going to be driving from Jacksonville FL to Savannah GA to Augusta GA to Aiken SC to Charleston and then back. I would appreciate any information anyone has. Thanks!
Edric Floyd
Veteran

Post by Edric Floyd »

Unfortunately I am not aware of any (Colonials) in the areas where you are traveling only because its too far east of my daily travels. I frequently travel to family in Newberry SC (NE of Augusta/NW of Columbia) and I never knew of a Colonial/big star in that part of the state.

There are two former Colonial Big Star locations I am sure are still operating as supermarkets. They are in Dublin and Macon Georgia. (too far west of your route.)

There are others not currently operating as supermarkets in Griffin (near Atlanta) and Columbus.

I'm sure you'll see many former Winn-Dixies in your travels and in the Aiken-Augusta area you'll find many "old school" WD's that were basically unchanged right to their recent demise.

If you do find those Colonial/big Stars, please share photos!

Have a safe trip.