Any unremodeled Eckerds left?

Moderator: Groceteria

JoshAustin610
Contributor

Any unremodeled Eckerds left?

Post by JoshAustin610 »

At this point (three years after the acquisition by Rite Aid), it seems that even the lowest volume former Eckerds have gotten the "Customer World" signage and paint job. The only two I know of 100% in the Philly area that haven't been touched are in North Coventry and northeast Philly (Roosevelt Blvd, near Wal-Mart), and I wouldn't exactly be shocked to see either one go in the next year. On the other hand, several stores were remodeled and ended up closing anyway when their leases were up (Bethlehem and Bala Cynwyd are two off the top of my head).

What I'm wondering is if there's any Thrift Drug and/or Eckerds in some of the areas I'm not regularly in (Delaware or south NJ) that still have Eckerd signage? I'd like to snap some pictures of the signage before it's gone, especially the Eckerd model they used pre-JC Penney merger (plain blue back wall with small white "Pharmacy" sign, and blue signs saying "Food Mart" and "Baby Care" around the perimeter). Some of the Thrift Drugs that were remodeled early on had this as well; the recently closed store in Glen Mills had this, but I couldn't get down there before everything was taken down. Thanks for any help!