Old Lucky Interiors in Las vegas

Arizona, Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas.

Moderator: Groceteria

ieguy441
Contributor

Old Lucky Interiors in Las vegas

Post by ieguy441 »

<Split by moderator from this thread.>
TheQuestioner wrote:
J-Man wrote:I have to admit I liked visiting Albertsons that still looked like 90's Lucky, I wonder if any of those survived long enough to make the transition back into Lucky.
The Lucky-to-Albertsons-back-to-Lucky on Craig St in N. Las Vegas survived the transition back to the Lucky banner. The inside was never changed by Albertsons and today still looks like it did back in the mid-90's.

Back on topic, the new logo looks awful. It looks like an awful clone of the Fresh n Easy logo.
storewanderer
Veteran

Re: Giant Food/Landover new logo, the final nail in the coffin

Post by storewanderer »

All of the Luckys in Las Vegas have the old decor. They did some repainting, but nothing major, and put up new aisle hangers. In the case of the Bonanza Road Store, they did no painting and put up no aisle hangers. There are also a number of Albertsons scattered around Las Vegas that still have the old Lucky interior.

Save Mart got rid of all of the 90s Lucky interiors in NorCal.
Photobucket now allows for comments on each photo! http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa113/StoreWest/
lvkewlkid
Veteran

Re: Giant Food/Landover new logo, the final nail in the coffin

Post by lvkewlkid »

storewanderer is correct, pretty much only the new-builds in Las Vegas don't have a Lucky interior, most of the converted ones still have a Lucky interior...
storewanderer
Veteran

Re: Old Lucky Interiors in Las vegas

Post by storewanderer »

They have built a good number of new stores there. It seems like the base of stores that they sold to Raleys was generally new or remodeled quite close to being transferred, but they in the late 90s received a greater number of subjectively inferior stores from Lucky.

I did see a couple former Luckys that had gotten pretty good remodels there, but I couldn't tell you where they were. One of them looked to have been remodeled around 2000 with the white wall interior, while the other looked to have been remodeled more recently with the metal signs and ugly colors interior.

Albertsons was pretty consistent with not remodeling former Lucky Stores, so lots of Lucky interiors were still around until Save Mart and their demolis..errr repaint crews came through and repainted all of the NorCal Stores.

I understand there are some Stater Brothers in SoCal that were former Lucky Stores that got repainted inside but still have the old Lucky wall letters and other "decor" on the walls. From the photos I saw, these didn't look too bad.

The old Lucky interior, if freshly painted white and if the aisle hangers had gotten new panels, probably would have looked at least maintained and clean, but Albertsons didn't seem to do much with maintaining those... just ran them (into the sewer).
Photobucket now allows for comments on each photo! http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa113/StoreWest/