Does Anyone Know Where This Freddy's is Located?

Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.

Moderator: Groceteria

StoreLiker2006
Veteran

Does Anyone Know Where This Freddy's is Located?

Post by StoreLiker2006 »

Hi,

Does anyone know where this particular Fred Meyer store is located? I hint it may be the one on SE 148th & Division in Portland. The photo was taken sometime in the late 1980s.

Thank you,

Ben
Attachments
scan0001.jpg
Last edited by StoreLiker2006 on 24 Dec 2007 04:28, edited 1 time in total.
marshd1000
Veteran

Re: Does Anyone Know Where This Freddy's is Located?

Post by marshd1000 »

This store looks like the "Benson Plaza" Fred Meyer, which is actually in North Benson Center in Renton, WA. I am not absolutely sure, that it is. But if it is the same store, it was the first Fred Meyer in Renton.
StoreLiker2006
Veteran

Post by StoreLiker2006 »

marshd1000 wrote:This store looks like the "Benson Plaza" Fred Meyer, which is actually in North Benson Center in Renton, WA. I am not absolutely sure, that it is. But if it is the same store, it was the first Fred Meyer in Renton.
Quite possibly this could be one of their two Salem locations (as my family, then still full at six members, would sometimes travel through these roads when going to the beach), both of which originally opened in late 1968, within two weeks of each other. The South Salem location was revitalized in 1979 and 1988, while the North Salem location had to wait 25 years before its first makeover.
VibeGuy
Contributor

Post by VibeGuy »

I don't think it's South Salem - that vista wouldn't be possible on that site. If by "North Salem" you're referring to Keizer rather than the Lancaster Dr. location, I could buy that. . .

E
timbabcock
Contributor

Post by timbabcock »

Looks like the North Benson store in Renton Washington. Looks like it was taken about the time the store opened.
Super S
Veteran

Post by Super S »

While I haven't been to Boise since 2001, this store strongly resembles the store at Chinden & Glenwood in Garden City which opened in the mid-1980s.
StoreLiker2006
Veteran

Post by StoreLiker2006 »

Guys, I think I might remember where this FM is located after all: it may be in Newport, OR. FM was in that city since 1986.

~Ben