Vintage Winn Dixie Commercials on YouTube

Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.

Moderator: Groceteria

Edric Floyd
Veteran

Vintage Winn Dixie Commercials on YouTube

Post by Edric Floyd »

You can find ANYTHING on YouTube. I especially have an interest in watching old news and commercials.

I found this video of commercials and a "news break" from 1979-1980. It comes from my hometown area and was recorded from Miami's WCKT ch 7. which was an NBC station until 1989. That station is now WSVN FOX-7.

First is a commercial for Doritos, then the news break.

At 1:10 into the video is a commercial for WINN-DIXIE!

Video including Winn-Dixie commercial. (WD is at 1:10 of the 2:30 video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJBvF3vnIpQ

And lets remember that OUR Groceteria HOST provided a Winn Dixie commercial on YouTube
From 1991
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ztkNreu5Ps

I wish I could find the vintage Winn Dixie "Beef People" commercials that featured Jim Davis ("Jock Ewing" from Dallas) as the cattle rancher.
Groceteria
Great Pumpkin

Post by Groceteria »

That was cool. I'd forgotten about that jingle and background music, but I remember it clearly now.

Off-topic, but it was also interesting to see the "JimRockford: Private Detective" promo, which reminded me of when shows that were still running in new episodes on the network had to take different names when they went into syndicated reruns (e.g. "Happy Days Again", "Laverne and Shirley and Company", "Emergency! One", and "CHiPs Patrol"?).
EDEW
Contributor

Re: Vintage Winn Dixie Commercials on YouTube

Post by EDEW »

It goes:

I know a place, a wide open range where the spirit seems to roam,
Ad person usually gives product detail in the middle.
Winn Dixie has, a way, a way of the west..... WINN DIXIE..

That commercial was from the late 80's around the time of :

You're gonna see the difference at Winn Dixie : America's Supermarket

I stocked shelves at the houston mall store and the watson store in warner robins, these songs stick in your head even when you don't want them to.

P.S. Winn dixie changes right with you!