What was in this shopping center in Las Vegas, NV?

Arizona, Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas.

Moderator: Groceteria

lvkewlkid
Veteran

What was in this shopping center in Las Vegas, NV?

Post by lvkewlkid »

http://local.live.com/?v=2&sp=Point.q0s ... 2520States

It's at the corner of Maryland Parkway and Charleston Boulevard. It currently has a Save-A-Lot and a Savers. The Save-A-Lot recently opened. Now I know that it used to be a Grocery Outlet according to the Live Local picture, but what was it before that? I didn't even know Grocery Outlet had locations in Las Vegas. What was there before the Savers, from driving by there, it looks like a Marina Safeway. I know that the Huntridge Drugs was there since the center opened, so that's not what I'm asking about.
Groceteria
Great Pumpkin

Post by Groceteria »

1101 East Charleston was a Safeway in 1968 per a Las Vegas spreadsheet I downloaded several years ago.
lvkewlkid
Veteran

Post by lvkewlkid »

Thanks, then that would be across the street, I don't think that building would still be around, because across the street, a 99-cents store was built, from the ground up. I guess maybe the Savers could have been an Albertsons or a Lucky? That kindof makes sense because there are 2 Albertsons (former Lucky's) right down the street that could have replaced it. Anyone else with information?
mgrmk
Contributor

Post by mgrmk »

There was a second Grocery Outlet in Las Vegas on Rancho just north of Bonanza, this is also now Save A Lot. This center also had a Safeway but not in the same location as the Save A Lot, the building Safeway was in is now government offices of some sort.
klkla
Veteran

Post by klkla »

Mayfair Markets used to have small stores in Las Vegas, too. I know they used to have one around that location but not 100% sure that was it.
Roadsidepictures
Contributor

Post by Roadsidepictures »

The two buildings inside the Huntridge Shopping Center were a Safeway and a W. T. Grant. Here's a picture I took recently of the old Safeway (now a Savers Thrift Store)...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54177448@N00/457080235/
klkla
Veteran

Post by klkla »

klkla wrote:Mayfair Markets used to have small stores in Las Vegas, too. I know they used to have one around that location but not 100% sure that was it.
Mayfair had two stores in the 80's in Vegas. One was at Paradise & Tropicana (now just an empty field) and the other was at Maryland Parkway & Sahara IIRC. The latter still has a large three sided sign that was typical of Mayfair (store in Culver City had the same one).