What are Fresh Pride stores in Delmarva area?

Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia.

Moderator: Groceteria

andysj500

What are Fresh Pride stores in Delmarva area?

Post by andysj500 »

I've passed through the Delmarva area (Del, MD and VA) several times on US 13 and noticed what seems to be a local chain called Fresh Pride. After doing some background research, I could not find a corporate website, but found out that most were former Bi-Lo stores. I've also wondered whether these coastal Bi-Los were in anyway related to the Bi-Los currently operating in NC, SC, TN and GA.
Dave
Veteran

Re: What are Fresh Pride stores in Delmarva area?

Post by Dave »

andysj500 wrote:I've passed through the Delmarva area (Del, MD and VA) several times on US 13 and noticed what seems to be a local chain called Fresh Pride. After doing some background research, I could not find a corporate website, but found out that most were former Bi-Lo stores. I've also wondered whether these coastal Bi-Los were in anyway related to the Bi-Los currently operating in NC, SC, TN and GA.
Not former Bi-Lo stores, but former Be-Lo stores. Fresh Pride is part of Camellia Food Stores based in Virginia Beach. Not related to Bi-Lo. Camellia went through Chapter 11 and now operates 17 or so Fresh Pride stores along the Delmarva peninsula and some as far west as Emporia, VA.