Possibly the most well preserved A&P Centennial

Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

Moderator: Groceteria

retail_person_247
Contributor

Possibly the most well preserved A&P Centennial

Post by retail_person_247 »

Here's a video showing a walk through of the Salvation Army in North Kingstown, RI:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXDma_jkUSA

This has to be one of the most, if not, the most well preserved A&P Centennial buildings left.

The original building design and architecture has been completely untouched, which is mostly common for former Centennial buildings I've noticed, but whats not common is what I believe to be the original floor tiles. The floors still have what appear to be an original red and peach colored checkerboard pattern, the original ceiling vents are still in place too.

Not to mention there's still an original vintage A&P labelscar still visible, you can see the letter "A" clear as day.

I could also see a "food stores" labelscar to the left of the building in person although its not really visible in the video
Retail_247
Groceteria
Great Pumpkin

Re: Possibly the most well preserved A&P Centennial

Post by Groceteria »

Nice.
TW-Upstate NY
Veteran

Re: Possibly the most well preserved A&P Centennial

Post by TW-Upstate NY »

Also at around the 2:20 mark of the video, did I not see a glimpse of the A+P logo on one of the "magic carpet" mats outside? Pretty cool stuff.