Waldbaum's in Farmingville or Holtsville.

Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

Moderator: Groceteria

demolition
Contributor

Waldbaum's in Farmingville or Holtsville.

Post by demolition »

Hi Guy's. I was wondering if anyone knows if the Waldbaum's in Farmingville that closed about 5 years ago on Portion rd and I think it intersected with Waverly ave was origionally built to be a Waldbaum's or was it another store before that? It had a very interesting exterior with shiny red brick were the Waldbaum's marquee hung. Does anyone know what year it was built and what kind of architectural style it was? Best, Demo
RoleModel

Re: Waldbaum's in Farmingville or Holtsville.

Post by RoleModel »

demolition wrote:Hi Guy's. I was wondering if anyone knows if the Waldbaum's in Farmingville that closed about 5 years ago on Portion rd and I think it intersected with Waverly ave was origionally built to be a Waldbaum's or was it another store before that? It had a very interesting exterior with shiny red brick were the Waldbaum's marquee hung. Does anyone know what year it was built and what kind of architectural style it was? Best, Demo
That's where Compare Foods is now, right?

edit: a Suffolk County retail study says the center was built in 1972.
retail_person_247
Contributor

Post by retail_person_247 »

RoleModel wrote: 27 Jan 2010 20:58
demolition wrote:Hi Guy's. I was wondering if anyone knows if the Waldbaum's in Farmingville that closed about 5 years ago on Portion rd and I think it intersected with Waverly ave was origionally built to be a Waldbaum's or was it another store before that? It had a very interesting exterior with shiny red brick were the Waldbaum's marquee hung. Does anyone know what year it was built and what kind of architectural style it was? Best, Demo
That's where Compare Foods is now, right?

edit: a Suffolk County retail study says the center was built in 1972.
Is compare foods still there?
Retail_247
Jared
Contributor

Post by Jared »

This store is still open as a Fine Fair I think. It is open though, I saw it recently