Victorville, CA Grocery stores there in 1986

Uh...California.

Moderator: Groceteria

ADave

Victorville, CA Grocery stores there in 1986

Post by ADave »

Hello. My name is David and I recently moved to Victorville, CA from Ventura County. I like this town as everything is well spread out and it has sparked my interest as to what was here in 1986. I currently live off Luna and the 395 and would like to know what grocery stores were here close to where I live now. I thank people for thier help and wish you well.
Andrew T.
Veteran

Re: Victorville, CA Grocery stores there in 1986

Post by Andrew T. »

Welcome David,

I would recommend visiting the central branch of your local public library. They may have mid-1980s Victorville city directories in their collection, probably squirrelled away in a local history or geneology section. These will usually contain an accurate classified listing of the businesses that were in operation at the time. The library (or a local historical society) may also have dedicated business directories, a clipping file, or historical newspaper microfilms available.

In addition, some San Bernardino County newspaper archives of the 1980s have been digitized. I'm not sure how good the Victorville coverage is in any of this, but it may be worth scanning the 1986 circulars just the same!
"The pale pastels which have been featured in most food stores during the past 20 years are no longer in tune with the mood of the 1970s."
Andrew Turnbull
ADave

Re: Victorville, CA Grocery stores there in 1986

Post by ADave »

Thanks for the information. Really appreciate it.