King cole Market in Whittier Ca

Uh...California.

Moderator: Groceteria

GaryED44
Contributor

King cole Market in Whittier Ca

Post by GaryED44 »

anyone have information on this market? was it a one only or part of a small chain? I never saw more then the one location in whittier.

Gary
Mis Lo

King Cole Market

Post by Mis Lo »

Hi Gary Iwas just reading your post About King Cole Market I Have fond Memories of that market as i used to live right behind It! from my backyard i could see the back entrance as it had one in front and that one in the back Do you remember the actual layout of the store? i spent many hrs there as i was friends with most of the crew so i guess you can say i was there "mascot" i was Just ummm maybe 6 or 7 and they closed when i was like 11? well if you are needing more info let me know
GaryED44
Contributor

Post by GaryED44 »

Hi Mis Lo

I remember that as you came in the front door there was a liquor guy to the right and the magazines were to the left I think. the Isles were right angle to the doors and I remember this Penut butter machine near produce..

Gary
Randy76

Re: King cole Market in Whittier Ca

Post by Randy76 »

I vaguely remember the existence of this market, mostly I remember the sign, however I can't remember where it was located. Any help?
GaryED44
Contributor

Post by GaryED44 »

Randy76 wrote:I vaguely remember the existence of this market, mostly I remember the sign, however I can't remember where it was located. Any help?
Hi

It was on washingon blvd not to far from Norwalk blvd in Whittier

Gary
Randy76

Post by Randy76 »

That's right! I grew up not too far from that area so it makes sense that we would shop there. Thanks.
davidrbrown

Post by davidrbrown »

King Coles I remember that in Whittier my grandfather shopped there he would buy me a custard cone it has a lot of memories for me it was on whittier blvd whittier ca my grand parents lived close to it