Dairy Queen Through the Years

Moderator: Groceteria

cjd

Re: Dairy Queen Through the Years

Post by cjd »

The original DQ here was built in the late 70s. A brick building with the red roof, it appears to have a second floor with storage upstairs. Has an L shaped dining room layout with restrooms down a small hall in the back. It originally did not have a drive thru, but one was added later. I ate there once or twice in the 90s. I remember the booths were red and orange but not much else. I can remember eating there again in 2007. The walls then had a gray striped wall paper and the Hot Eats Cool Treats signage on the windows. At some point after, they changed to the beige wall paper and light wood chairs and booths. The brick outside was painted white then.

The other DQ was built around 2004 and has that same decor, but a little more deluxe.

As for DQ's menu. They have a fairly expansive one here. Burgers, chicken strips, chili dogs, fries, etc. There's also a DQ Bakes menu which is more expensive. I'd say their food is certainly good, probably better than McDonald's.

Can't remember how their food was back in the day as I only ate ice cream that I can remember.