Software upgrade

This forum is for announcements about the site and the board, "how to" information, etc. Some topics will allow discussion, and some may have polls, but only moderators may post new topics.

Moderator: Groceteria

Groceteria
Great Pumpkin

Software upgrade

Post by Groceteria »

Just FYI, the board will be down at some point this weekend for a major software upgrade. I hope the upgrade itself will take no longer than 30 minutes or so and that everything else will be a tweak that can happen while it's still online. This upgrade should fix the issue you see at the top of the page and may also let me enable enough anti-spam automation that I can open up registrations again.

This will probably happen Saturday morning or early afternoon.
Super S
Veteran

Re: Software upgrade

Post by Super S »

I appreciate what you are doing to keep the site alive. So many similar sites have migrated over to Facebook-only types, and the originals get left abandoned. Not everybody uses Facebook, and a lot of people are getting burned out by it, which is why it's important to maintain things when the social media sites eventually fizzle out.

Thanks again for all that you do, this site is a wealth of information.
Groceteria
Great Pumpkin

Post by Groceteria »

Thanks for the kind words. I feel like I've let the message board languish way too long. The bogus registrations got really overwhelming for a while and I just had too much else going on to deal with it. Here's hoping things will be better now!
submariner
Veteran

Post by submariner »

The new site looks good!
==========
Aaron
"his foxtail-wielding skills are unparalleled, dust bunnies fear his name"
Groceteria
Great Pumpkin

Post by Groceteria »

submariner wrote:The new site looks good!
Thanks. Seemed like a UX upgrade was due alongside the back-end one.