Old Kroger interiors

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region.

Moderator: Groceteria

kingskip

Old Kroger interiors

Post by kingskip »

Hey, I am new to this site. I am curious as to what years which decor packages were used at Kroger. I am particularly interested in the Bauhaus Greenhouse decor of the late 70s/early 80s. When did it exactly start and when did it end? I am also wondering about the mauve grid decor and the neon decor of the late 80s/early 90s. Did they exist together where some stores had one and others had the other? I live in Memphis, Tennessee, and just south of here in Southaven, Mississippi, there is a greenhouse store that opened in 1984 that still has the Bauhaus decor. Just search flickr for it and tons of pictures are there. As far as I'm concerned, it's the only one in the country but if anyone knows of any others, I would like to know. I'm also curious about a greenhouse store near downtown Memphis. It moved from across the street and it opened in early 1987. That seems very late for a greenhouse. I am wondering what interior it would have originally had? It currently has the 2000's green/peach millennium decor, but it's going to get a renovation in 2014. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks