Burger King Units with Covered Pickup Areas

Moderator: Groceteria

StoreLiker2006
Veteran

Burger King Units with Covered Pickup Areas

Post by StoreLiker2006 »

How long ago had Burger King (BK) restaurants been built with covered pickup areas (that is, the pickup window is in the covered spot)? I know the Eastport Plaza location at 3830 SE 82nd Ave. (unit #1740, built 1976) has it, but I can't vouch for how long it acquired it, though.

~Ben
TW-Upstate NY
Veteran

Re: Burger King Units with Covered Pickup Areas

Post by TW-Upstate NY »

The only one in my immediate area with that configuration was (and I'll get to that later) along State Route 30 in Amsterdam. This was originally a Carrol's probably built in the 60's that the company converted to a BK sometime in the timeframe you mentioned. They also converted a Carrol's unit in Johnstown around that time which never had that configuration. I think that was mostly due to space considerations though because the property abuts an auto service center next door. And the reason I say was about Amsterdam is because it was recently remodeled and I just drove past it this afternoon and the covered pickup area is indeed gone. Just up the road from Johnstown is a ground up BK built in Gloversville in the mid 80's which has never had that configuration.