Any history on the "Sno-White Drive In" Chain?

Moderator: Groceteria

Floyd

Any history on the "Sno-White Drive In" Chain?

Post by Floyd »

When I was growing up in the 60's and 70's, I recall a chain of fast food restaurants in Stockton called "Sno-White Drive In". Back then there was a dozen of them but not all were the same owners. Was this a national franchise fast food chain?Any history behind Sno-White? I know there were some in Sacramento as well as the Bay Area.They specialized in Hamburgers with a "Mayo-Catsup" sauce, Broasted Chicken, Mojo Potatoes, Garlic Bread, Hot Pastrami Sandwiches and others including Soft Served Ice Cream Cones.Most of these drive in's are still here but with more localized names.The most famous of our local owners was Manuel Escabar who operated 4 "Manny's Sno-White Drive In's".Today his son Gary, operates 2: "Manny's Drive In' at 1945 S. El Dorado Street and "Manny's California Fresh Cafe" at 1612 Pacific Ave.
romleys
Veteran

Sno White

Post by romleys »

There is one in Oakdale, CA that is still open under the Sno-White name. There was one located @ 2294 Concord Ave. in Concord, CA. There were also a few more that arent coming to mind right now but I will post the others when I remember them.
Charles H:)
Daniel
Veteran

Post by Daniel »

There is still one operating in Clovis, under the Sno White name. There used to be one in Fresno at Ashlan & West, in an old KFC. That one got torn down about 8 years ago.