McDonald's in non-Walmart stores

Moderator: Groceteria

pseudo3d
Veteran

McDonald's in non-Walmart stores

Post by pseudo3d »

McDonald's has definitely had stores in Wal-Mart in the past and present, but like Starbucks, it's been in other stores too. Exactly how many is the question, though, and I've compiled a list of other stores where it's been...

Farmer Jack (the "Michigan Former Fast Food" list mentions it opened in 1995, closing presumably not long after)
Jewel-Osco (part of a concept 1993 store, gone by 1995)
Auchan (single store, Houston--now defunct)
Sears (at least 3 stores, one of which was in Houston)
Bass Pro Shops (none left?)
Meijer (none left?)
Holiday Plus (chain defunct)

I can't think of any others. Do you know any stores where McDonald's took up residence inside that WASN'T Walmart?
Super S
Veteran

Re: McDonald's in non-Walmart stores

Post by Super S »

I remember seeing a McDonald's in at least one Fred Meyer store. I want to say it was the one in Gresham, Oregon, but am not 100% sure. Fred Meyer experimented with a few restaurants in the Portland market, there was at least one other (Walker Road?) that had a Burger King. Restaurants are rare inside Fred Meyer, these days they have a Starbucks and seating for their deli area. However, it's not uncommon to see Baskin Robbins, Subway, etc. in Fred Meyer buildings, but they usually only have outside entrances.

Fred Meyer once had their own restaurant chain, Eve's Buffet, in stores until around the mid-late 80s. Most of these stores still open have been heavily remodeled and there is no trace of those left.
tkaye
Veteran

Re: McDonald's in non-Walmart stores

Post by tkaye »

Super S wrote:Fred Meyer once had their own restaurant chain, Eve's Buffet, in stores until around the mid-late 80s. Most of these stores still open have been heavily remodeled and there is no trace of those left.
The Kitsap (Bremerton) Fred Meyer opened in 1990 with a '50s themed restaurant called Fred's Diner that lasted a few years. Any other locations have these?