Private Messaging

This forum is for announcements about the site and the board, "how to" information, etc. Some topics will allow discussion, and some may have polls, but only moderators may post new topics.

Moderator: Groceteria

Groceteria
Great Pumpkin

Private Messaging

Post by Groceteria »

Hi all.

I've enabled private messaging on the board. I'd delayed out of fears that it might slow things down or increase the database size too much, but I've decided to give it a shot anyway and see how it goes.

Please use private messaging for any personal communications and disussions that are not in the general interest of board members (e.g. requests to meet up, questions to the moderators about board operations, etc.).

The moderators will also be using it for off-topic post warnings, notifications about invalid email addresses, etc., and other internal communications with members. For example, I will send you both a private message and an email message if your account is about to be placed on inactive status for lack of activity. Or, if your email address has problems, I will send only a private message.

You will see a message at the top of the page announcing new messages. Please check regularly. Mailbox sizes are limited, so please don't use your box for long-term storage; doing so will hamper your ability to receive new messages.

I don't think it will be an issue anyway, but please do not abuse the system by annoying other users, spamming them, etc., or your individual private messaging privileges may be revoked.

I also urge you to continue posting material of general interest to the board rather than sending it via private message.