Valid Email Addresses

This forum is for announcements about the site and the board, "how to" information, etc. Some topics will allow discussion, and some may have polls, but only moderators may post new topics.

Moderator: Groceteria

Groceteria
Great Pumpkin

Valid Email Addresses

Post by Groceteria »

Hi all.

Just a reminder that you need to keep a valid email address on file in order to use the board. I'm getting bounce messages on several accounts for users who are following topics but have invalid or otherwise undeliverable email addresses.

Please check your profile settings. If your email address is not current and valid, your account will be placed on inactive status. If you have spam filters in place, please set them to accept all mail from groceteria.com.

Please note, also, that I have no intent of spamming you. I'd just like to be able to contact you if there's a problem, and to cut down on all these auto-generated bounce notices I'm receiving.

Thanks,
David
Groceteria
Great Pumpkin

Re: Valid Email Addresses

Post by Groceteria »

Hi all,

Please revisit the above post. I've been getting bounce messages from some active users who have an incorrect email address registered with the board. I get these if you have subscribed to a topic or if anyone tries to send you a private message, and they pile up and get annoying after a while. Even worse is when a user with incorrect email also doesn't check his private messages regularly, which is an issue I'm having with one user right now.

So:

1. Please make sure your current email address is correct. You can do this using the User Control Panel in the upper right part of the page.

2. Please check your private messages regularly. That's the primary way I communicate with individual users, and I sometimes send important information that way. Check messages using the link at the top left, next to the Login or Logout link.

If I get a bounce message, I will try to contact you via PM. If I don't hear back from you, I may put your account into inactive status until the issue is corrected, which means you won't be able to log in or post. If you find you can't log in, you can use the contact form on the main site to get reactivated.

I do this because I have to be able to communicate with everyone.

Thanks,
David