Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
The original Giant Food was part of the mall, opening before the mall circa 1957, and the building torn down when the mall renovated in the early 2000s. The replacement store opened around the time the original was torn down, did it really have an interior entrance to the mall the entire time?
The mall wasn't enclosed when it opened. The entrance was outside after it was enclosed. The store was a dump, btw, in the Izzy Cohen era, which meant they were waiting out the lease and didn't want Safeway (which had a store nearby taking over). They did the same with Congressional Plaza which eventually became a Container Store, after A&P left. Safeway left the area and Giant replaced Wheaton with the much larger, current store.